Jun 26, 2013

Home » » How to use normal birth control to have fewer periods or change their timing

How to use normal birth control to have fewer periods or change their timing

Okay... "time of the month" isn't something most people want to talk about. I get that. But I'm going to make this info worth it- trust me. Birth control is expensive, not available where I live (this place is a bit backward...), and since I've no sex life to speak of, I've been conserving and using it to have fewer, lighter periods. First I need to state that I AM NOT A DOCTOR. I just took a course on hormones once, and basically learned that we haven't yet come across any really likely bad consequences of using hormones like the BC pill willy-nilly. Yet. YET. Okay, so how does getting preggers happen? You're ovulating and the egg gets fertilized. What does BC do? Keep you from ovulating. Note that this is exactly the same thing that Plan B does. A lot of people think Plan B is an "abortion pill" but it is just a super-dose of birth control that stops your body from starting fertilization. The difference is that BC is more reliable when used correctly but takes a while to kick in, while Plan B is a huge emergency dose to stop the natural hormone cycle cold for a few days. So where is this going? We're heading toward how to use regular birth control sort of like Plan B to throw off your internal clock by stopping the cycle for a few days. This is super useful if you know that you are going to have the time of the month during an important event. You can actually change when it will happen- months in advance, and reset your cycle to a new time of the month. I'm actually doing it now because I am planning a beach vacation for late July, so I want to have my TOM in early July before I go. How does it work? The key is to find the golden timeframe when you can start the pill to throw off the clock. This needs to be a few days before ovulation. For most women, ovulation occurs about 14 days after your TOM ends. So start the pill before that. For some people, continuously taking the pill will totally erase their periods. However, many can only shift it a few days and make it lighter when it does occur. To try this, simply skip the "placebo" pills that are in the last week of a cycle and start a new round instead. If you just need to change the time of your period for an event or convenience, you can stop taking the pill about 2 days before you want your period to start. It's that easy!
Share this games :

0 comments:

Post a Comment