May 26, 2013

Home » , , , » Thinspiration TV Shows

Thinspiration TV Shows

It's been a little while since the thinspo books post, so I figured no one would mind another "list" style post. Whenever I am trying to lose weight, the bored-at-home time is the worst. When there is nothing to do, I tend to lose focus on my goals and start snacking. That's why Thinspiration Books are so great- I can go outside, put on my sunglasses, and spend all day motivating instead of being tempted. But a lot of people prefer something visual for Thinspo, or maybe just don't enjoy reading. (blasphemy)

Thinspiring TV Shows: Sorry if some of these are obvious and overdone. I assume readers are starting from zero knowledge or experience.
- America's Next Top Model 
- Project Runway 
- Gossip Girl 
- Supersize vs Super Skinny
- Skins 
- True Blood 
- Vampire Diaries 
- Once Upon a Time 
- The OC 
- Sex and the City 
- Desperate Housewives 
- I Want to be a Supermodel
-->

(Note: wherever there are multiple "nationalities" of a show, try to watch the original. E.g. try and get the british version of Skins)

 I chose all of these because they are shows that highlight skinny girls, or don't have any normal-sized humans, or else just shove "average" characters to the side. I can't think of a single woman on Gossip Girl who is over size 0 except the maid, and occasional "unpopular" girls who have a cameo getting things thrown at them or being taken advantage of. ANTM is obvious, as is PR. Supersize SuperSkinny is amazing and when you see it, it'll be obvious why it's on this list. Skins has a character suffering from ED, which many girls identify with, but they glorify the illness, or at least "tone it down" for television, making her seem attractive and exotic. Frankly it was reckless of whoever decided to portray anorexia as a sort of romantic drugged-out daydream. But it deserves to be on this list. The rest are simply sitcoms, vampire dramas, etc which operate on the "sex sells" mentality - using and abusing any overweight characters just like Gossip Girl. If you want a regular show that just happens to have tons of skinny bitches, I recommend those. If you're looking to really wallow in skinniness, I recommend the thinspiration reality TV.
Share this games :

0 comments:

Post a Comment